No. We don’t provide physiotherapy covered by OHIP.
There are a limited number of physiotherapy clinics who provide government funded services.
To be covered for physiotherapy services at a publicly-funded physiotherapy clinic, you require a referral and:
- Be 19 years old or younger or
- Be 65 years old or older or
- Be receiving benefits under the Ontario Disability Support Program or Family Works or
- Have been overnight in hospital for a condition that now requires physiotherapy treatment
- For more information on eligibility for publicly-funded insurer physiotherapy services at the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care at 1-866-532-3161 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.health.gov.on.ca.
- For more information about Community Care Access Centres, visit the Community Care Access Centre’s (CCAC) website.
- Another source for physiotherapy care may be found through your Community Health Centre (CHC). Find out if a CHC in your area can help you access PT services.
No, you do not need referral to be assessed and treated by a physiotherapist. Some insurance companies may need you to have Doctor’s referral in order to reimburse you. Please, check with your insurance company prior to booking an appointment.