No. We don’t provide physiotherapy covered by OHIP.
There are a limited number of physiotherapy clinics who provide government funded services.
To be covered for physiotherapy services at a publicly-funded physiotherapy clinic, you require a referral and:
- Be 19 years old or younger or
- Be 65 years old or older or
- Be receiving benefits under the Ontario Disability Support Program or Family Works or
- Have been overnight in hospital for a condition that now requires physiotherapy treatment
- For more information on eligibility for publicly-funded insurer physiotherapy services at the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care at 1-866-532-3161 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.health.gov.on.ca.
- For more information about Community Care Access Centres, visit the Community Care Access Centre’s (CCAC) website.
- Another source for physiotherapy care may be found through your Community Health Centre (CHC). Find out if a CHC in your area can help you access PT services.
No, you do not need referral to be assessed and treated by a physiotherapist. Some insurance companies may need you to have Doctor’s referral in order to reimburse you. Please, check with your insurance company prior to booking an appointment.
In order to serve you better, Mira provides physiotherapy out of several locations: East, Central and West end of Mississauga, as well as providing physiotherapy treatments in your home or office, if you live in Mississauga, Etobicoke or Oakville.
If you want to book an appointment with Mira, you have several options. You could call your preferred location clinic directly. Make sure to request to book your appointment with Mira physiotherapist. Alternatively, you could send me a Request an Appointment message.
We will send you an Intake form to be completed prior to your first visit. You may choose to come 10-15 minutes prior to your first appointment and complete the Intake form in the clinic.
Physiotherapy is a drug-free alternative to decreasing your pain and improving your function and mobility when you suffer from pain or malfunctioning of your muscles, joints or any other part of your musculoskeletal system. In many instances drugs are necessary, but we strive to enable your body to take care of your problem so that side effects of drugs or any other procedure can be minimized and/or eliminated.
Physiotherapy also can optimize and improve your current performance, and help you to prevent re-injury.